Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rejoicing!

Great news today, so I couldn't let it go by without at least a short post. Last week marked one year since my diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. My neurologist decided it was time to do a follow-up MRI to check on things upstairs. So, last Thursday I had MRIs on my brain and cervical spine and got the results today.

Drumroll please...

NO NEW LESIONS! HOORAY!

But wait, it gets even better...

the two brain lesions and one cervical spine lesion detected last year HAVE IMPROVED! DOUBLE HOORAY!

Praise God! I can't believe a whole year has gone by since receiving that devastating news. What a year it has been. This is all the encouragement I need to keep giving myself these shots I take every other day. Believe me, they are not fun because if I don't take ibuprofen with them I get uncontrollable chills and shakes. They also leave welts and bruises that last for weeks, so needless to say, my stomach, hips and thighs stay pretty much black and blue. But at least now I know that it is all worth it!

So much to be thankful for...God is so good!

"I will extol the Lord at all times, his praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together."
Psalm 34:1-3

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Soooo happy to hear this. I'm so thankful that God is healing you!!! Hopefully, within a few years you won't need to worry about this anymore. I read that there is new research being done with stem cells- using your own bone marrow stem cells, that may make this and other illnesses a thing of the past very soon. Love, Big Sis

Anonymous said...

Tracy.....PRAISE GOD!!!!! I am sorry I am just now reading this, but what an amazing blessing! You are so faithful to Christ, and I knew he would heal you in His way! Praise God! Much love, Chasity