Sunday, July 13, 2008

Champions!


Just a quick post today to update on the softball tournament. Finally, after several rain delays, Kaelie and Hannah's teams played in the finals yesterday. Both teams emerged as DISTRICT CHAMPIONS! I'm posting in navy blue in honor of their team colors.

Not only did they win, but they absolutely crushed the competition. Both games were ended as a result of the "slaughter rule," which means that if one team is ahead by 10 runs after the fourth inning, the game is ended and they get the automatic win. It was so exciting for the girls and so gratifying for them to see all their hard work pay off.

There won't be any resting and basking in the glory, however. They now advance to the State tournament, which will be played next weekend about an hour away. Wouldn't you know it, both teams play their first games at 6:00 Friday night. I guess Joey will have to go to one and I'll go to the other, and we'll switch halfway or something.

I just got a new camera for my birthday last week and I took lots of great pictures at the tournament. I wish I could figure out how to show more than one photo on my blog, but I'm still a rookie!

No comments: