Saturday, June 7, 2008

Off to the Beach!

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted! I've often said that May has become much like December in terms of busyness. As the end of the school year wind down, many of the activities do as well. That means May is chocked full of tons of "special end-of-the-year" events and celebrations.

The last day of school was May 30 and it has been so nice having the girls home, going to the pool, etc. We're still busy though, what with softball practices and games and getting ready to go to the beach. I can't wait...hopefully we'll be out of here in about an hour to hit the road! For that reason, this will be a short post!

I just really felt a need to sit down for a moment and express my thankfulness to God that we get to take this trip. He has brought us through so much in the last few months. Actually, just a few months ago we had no idea that I would even be able to make a beach trip this summer. But last month we decided to go for it, found an oceanfront condo to rent, and now we're about to take off. God is so good!

I think I'm especially glad for Joey that we get to go. He's had to shoulder a lot and he deserves a good break. In the middle of everything going on with me here at home, he has also made a job change. A position fell into his lap and the offer was too good to pass up. But he didn't feel right about leaving his former job while he was in the middle of a couple of major projects, as in preparing next year's budget and ordering furniture for a new building. So he has straddled the fence for several weeks, actually putting time in at both places and burning the midnight oil. Thankfully, that appears to be coming to an end as well.

As we get ready to leave for the beach, I'm praying that this marks a new chapter in the lives of the Altizers. Better job, better health, more family time, less stress, etc. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments: