Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Voice Lessons--Part 2

Have I mentioned lately how amazing God is? Well, let me just say that he is amazing! We prayed for him to restore my voice to speak at that MOPS group this morning, and he did. He is so good and so faithful!

"Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies." Psalm 36:5

If you had heard me last night, you might have had serious doubts about my ability to give a 30-40 minute talk this morning. It was still "iffy" when I got up and started getting ready. But not trusting in God to give me the voice was not an option. I had asked him to open the doors for speaking opportunities, he opened this one, and he saw me through it.

I share this story because it's just another example of the power of prayer. When I called my friend Paige, the MOPS coordinator last night, she prayed for me on the phone right then and there. She also rallied some others to pray at their church, and Joey and I prayed about it last night as well. I continued in prayer this morning, and God answered. I was able to deliver the message without really even straining to speak, and though my voice did drop out a little now and then, it really wasn't a problem or a distraction.

Another lesson learned though, is not to put limits on my prayers. I said "God, even if my voice holds out for just an hour, long enough to get through this meeting, that's all I ask." Now that my voice is gone almost completely again this afternoon, I see that I should've asked to have it back permanently, not just for an hour! I'll remember that next time!

No comments: