Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I Finally Did It!

Well, here begins my first foray into the world of blogging. Actually, to be honest I did post a few things on a different site a year or so ago, but I never really felt compelled to keep up with it. This time is different, though. This time I'm blogging because God told me to.

For those who don't believe in that sort of thing, I guess that sounds a little crazy. But truth be told, my life has been a little crazy here lately. In January I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, which sent me into a bit of a tailspin. Since then, I have experienced grief, anger, frustration, pain, all the things you might expect from receiving news of a life-altering chronic illness. But what I wouldn't trade for anything is that I have also experienced God in new and powerful ways.

Due to this illness, God has blessed me and my family with a tremendous outpouring of love and support from our church family and our friends. I went an entire month without having to cook a single dinner! Now that's what I call a blessing! He has allowed us to see how much we are loved through countless cards, emails, and phone calls. Over and over again, he has gently reminded me, as he reminded the apostle Paul, that "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9, NIV)

So how do I know God wants me to blog? Well, I'm a writer at heart, a "retired" news journalist. After I gave up my career to stay home with my children 11 years ago, God led me to begin writing devotionals and inspirational talks to share at different events. In the last couple of weeks several friends of mine, each of whom live in different states and don't know each other, have urged me to start journaling or blogging my thoughts and my experiences with this illness. In my prayer time, I've also felt the Holy Spirit nudging me in this direction. All the signs are there, so I am here, at my computer, launching my blog, and I can tell them I finally did it. It will be exciting to see how God uses it, so I hereby dedicate this space to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and offer it to him for his purposes and his glory.

I hope you'll return for another visit!

3 comments:

Terrie Sternberg said...

Hi Tracy:
I'm so glad that you are sharing your story and God's story on your own blog. Your light will shine, reflecting Jesus to the world, so I commend you highly!

Remember that we would like you to speak at Trinity Lutheran sometime when it's the right time.

Until then, grace be yours through Jesus.

Love,
Terrie

Colorado Sonlight said...

Dear Tracy,

You have such a special gift in encouraging others - in ways you maybe didn't even intend to. I have been thinking of writing some of my own stories, and your bold move inspired me to do it!
Love,
Karen

Isaac and Ben's mommy said...

Hi Tracy!
Thank you so much for telling me about your blog. I have only read your first one, but your words as always has uplifted me. You are so amazing, and I just want you to know that our home prays for your home daily. We love you and your family.
In His grip,
Chasity